Sunday, January 12, 2014

A testimony to kick off the new year!


Ahh, so good to be back writing again! It's been awhile now..

It has been almost 2 weeks since the start of 2014, and I can never be more grateful and thankful to God and my family to be where I am today and for all the achievements that I've made throughout the whole of 2013.

2013 was everything but a relaxed year. It all started with an 8 weeks crash course in uni to sitting for the last ever MAJOR written exam in March. Then, it was time for everyone to run off and begin their busy life filled with compulsory pharmacy placements, honours, internship applications, electives and graduation.

For me, the most challenging part of it all was definitely the job seeking experience. The numerous amount of internships that I applied for was nothing but insanely stressful. Being me, I have always been one who worries about every little thing possible and this experience has definitely taught me to trust in Him and have faith. With each passing day, I grew to be more patient and true enough, God blessed me with not one, not two but five job interviews of which I would never have expected at the beginning of last year. In all honesty, I would have just settled for any job that was thrown at me, but He has provided me above and beyond my wildest imagination. 

Well, to cut the long story short, I accepted a job offer from a pharmacy company in Adelaide which I later withdrew from because I decided to move to Sydney.  I prayed about everything from visa issues, job offers to moving to a new city. God is always full of surprises and there wasn't a time during the year that He failed to answer my prayers. So here I am now, in a new city, with an internship to finish at the end of this brand new year and I am looking forward to more of God's grace and mercy in my life. 

"How's work"?, you may ask. I won't deny the fact that work has been pretty hectic. There were times when I have been thrown in challenges and failed to handle it as well as I thought I could have. But through it all, I've been reminded everyday that "EVERYTHING PASSES. Nothing on Earth is eternal, even the sun will one day disappear. Remember this simple truth; that the suffering too shall pass and it will become easier to bear".

Last but definitely not the least, I have finally graduated from Pharmacy School last December. 4 years has gone by so quickly and I have been so eager to embark on a new journey filled with exciting difficulties and challenges. BRING ON 2014 with a bang! 

Here are some pictures from the graduation. It was such a beautiful day :')

















Well, there you go. A pretty brief summary of what's been going on in 6 short paragraphs (:







No comments: